Friday, March 30, 2012

The beginning

I use to have no fear, I would tackle anything that came my way. I always loved and still love to try new things. But lately I've noticed I start more than I finish. For a while I was blaming not finishing anything because of time restraints. Something always came up, or there were just more important things to do. I have always been so fascinated with simple living and until recently I realize that is exactly what I need in my life, not only for myself, but for my family as well.

I guess I got caught up in being the best parent I could be. I wanted to be frugal, but at the same time give my kids everything I always thought I wanted. I wanted to give them all the experiences that I thought would fulfill their days...which in actuality just exhausted me to the bone. This time around I want to teach them how to be fulfilled with the bare necessities. I kept telling my son, "well, mama's gotta clean right?" But, I think if we just got rid of the clutter and distractions once and for all there would be less cleaning and more bonding time.

I hope this blog keeps me accountable to what I am hoping to accomplish. Maybe if I have it in writing it will remind me of where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment